Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Weirdwood Manor the Mobile Game







The other day, I was looking through the App Store on my tablet and saw this new game. Apparently Apple said that it was one of the best games in the store. I have to admit that the game's trailer and pictures looked beautiful and interesting. I love books and this game is like reading a book. I thought, dang this should be an awesome game. And what was great is that it was on sale! I would save two bucks? Hey why not?!


I started the game, I learned that this boy, Oliver Gryffon, is a foster care kid who was shuttled to homes who constantly rejected him. It was apparent that this kid was different. Strange things would happen around him which terrified them. He won some kind of contest that allowed him to visit an mysterious and reclusive inventor who's known for creating wind up toys and more.


In the first book, you learn how to find mysterious creatures.



..And mysterious items.



All of them goes into his journal which lists all of the people, places, mysteries and creatures he has encountered over his journey. Every new thing you find will go into it.



At the end of Book 1, after a scary incident in the car, you finally arrive at the Weirdwood Manor. What lies there? It's anybody's guess! And yes that's a robot man.


This strange paper puzzle sounds so mysterious. It makes you wonder what's really going on.



At first when I arrived at this screen, I realized that I missed some discoveries and a puzzle. So I went back and redid it all. On my second try, I got all of them on both counts. All of the puzzles are pretty easy. You can finish it in within 30 seconds, a minute max.



I was excited to see the second book until this....



Wait, I gotta buy another book? But the first book took me like 20, 30 minutes to finish? So I spent 3 bucks on a book that took me at least 20 minutes to finish? Sheer insanity. Now they want me to pay another 5 bucks for a second book?



Oh, and what's even worse, the other books, other than Book 2, are not even out yet. But they encourage you to buy all of them for 15 bucks. They seem to think that it's okay for you to wait for such short novels.

Honestly I was extremely disappointed and bored. Great game, bad results. It's too costly on an individual basis especially, way too short and there's really no replayable time. PLUS you have to wait for other books.

So it's like pretty much a game that you can play for one time, at least two if you miss anything, that takes you 20 minutes. So if I had to wait for other books to come out, I can't replay it as much as I want while waiting. Whoever created this game did not plan well. I was really sad at this because honestly, the game itself is beautiful. The graphics are spot on. The story was incredibly interesting. Puzzles were too easy I admit, but still I thought the book's length would make up for it until I found out that it's not as long as I thought it would be.

To sum it up, don't buy it.

Any other mobile games you guys want me to try? Let me know in the comments.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be posted once it is approved. Thank you for sending a comment! Have fun in the Spiral!

Pages