Pirate101 is celebrating Left Handers' Day with an awesome free gift for all of its pirates, a Captain's Hook! You can redeem your own HERE, so you can show off yours in style!
I remember being a young teen and noticing that my uncle Jimmy could write with his left hand. I thought that it was the neatest thing. I even remember being envious and wanting to be able to do that as well. But sadly, I am right handed. So, when Left Handers Day came this year, I decided to see if there were any cool facts about Left Handers. I will list some of them here. Hope you enjoy them.
- Left-handed people make up 10-12% of the population.
- Quite a few celebrities are left handed like Oprah Winfrey, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Angelica Jolie, Jennifer Lawrence and more as well as musicians like Kurt Cobain, Jimi Hendrix, Marilyn Monroe, and even the Beiber.
- Research also shows that they are also more artistically inclined which means the majority of lefties are drawn to art and music.
- In 1990s, Left Handers Day was started in UK by the Left-Hander's Club with the purpose of raising awareness about left handers and how awesome they are!
- Half of cats are actually left handed!
- Men are more likely to be left handed. Gay men are even more likely to be left handed.
- There were IQ tests conducted by St. Lawrence University for right and left handed people that concluded that there were more left handed people with IQs over 140. For instance, Albert Einstein, Benjamin Franklin and Issac Newton were all also left handed.
- Left-handers use the right side of the brain the most.
- It's said that left handers are better at 3D perception and thinking as well as multi-tasking.
- There were studies that said lefties are more prone to being easily embarrassed, easily scared, being more hesitant, easily angered and drink more often. It also says that Lefties are generally more attractive, more intelligent and more talented than right handers.
- Left handed college graduates become 26% richer than right handed graduates.
- The Christian Church used to be scared of people writing with their left hand which is why the nuns used to force children to write with their right hand because many artistic representations of Satan show him as left handed. The Latin word for "left" is "sinister."
- There is a high tendency for one twin to be left handed.
- Left handers can see better underwater.
Hope this has enlightened you as it did me. It was quite interesting learning all about those facts. Happy Left Handers' Day!
Blaugust Day 13: Pirate101 & Left Handers' Day Reviewed by The Fabulous K on Thursday, August 13, 2015 Rating: